June 1, 2021
We’re hiring! – Primary Therapist
We’re hiring! Join the Green Hill team as a Primary Therapist.
About Green Hill Recovery
Green Hill Recovery is an academically oriented, substance use disorder recovery program that offers integrated sober living and intensive outpatient services. We provide structured sober living, academic and career coaching, experiential and holistic therapy as well as intensive outpatient clinical services to young adult men.
We are a values-based, mission-driven organization. Together, we strive to build a community of leaders living purposeful lives. To us, human flourishing is the name of the game. Our primary focus is helping young adult men recover from substance use and other co-occurring mental health disorders.
We believe that to best serve others, we must focus on our own personal and professional development. We emphasize mentorship and coaching among our team. For those struggling with substance use disorder, it’s crucial to build a network of people who have successfully navigated personal recovery. Our team is based on this philosophy.
The Green Hill Recovery Primary Therapist will serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team to provide professional level counseling to clients and their families under the direction of the Clinical Director. As a member of the treatment team, they are responsible to provide a broad range of treatment services including individual, group, and family therapy, crisis intervention as well as completing assessments and reports. They will work closely with guardians, families, and referral sources to provide quality care to those served. The Primary Therapist will also contribute to the development of clinical curriculum utilized throughout the Green Hill Recovery program.
Duties and Responsibilities
❖ Underlining denotes an Essential job function that will be used in routine performance evaluations
- Leads individual, group and family therapy sessions with both Green Hill Recovery’s Community Program and Transitional Living clients
- Utilizes behavioral management strategies, including but not limited to Cognitive Behavioral, Motivational Interviewing, and Community Reinforcement Approaches
- Effectively and compassionately manages a minimum caseload of 8 GHR clients at any given time
- Completes Master Treatment Plans and conducts routine treatment plan reviews with each client according to GHR’s policy and procedure
- Completes Transitions Plans and Discharge Summaries with each client according to GHR’s policy and procedure
- Provides weekly (or as needed) Family Therapy utilizing Green Hill’s Family Program material
- Provides clinical case management including: correspondence with families, outside medical professionals, referring professionals, members of the judicial system, insurance companies and other stakeholders as needed
- Responds to email/text/phone communication within 24 business hours
- Completes timely and accurate clinical charting and progress notes according to GHR’s policy and procedure
- Conducts urine drug screens as clinically fit
- Attends and participates in weekly clinical meetings including: individual supervision with the CD, and weekly treatment team clinical meetings; Brings new ideas and solutions to identified problems
- Conducts clinical assessments and assigns diagnoses for newly admitted clients
- Collaborates with necessary parties (i.e., utilization management) on clinical justification for continuing care needs
- Assists with crisis management and on-call support
- Assists in the development and facilitation of GHR’s experiential programing
- Assists in the development of clinical procedures.
- Pursues professional development opportunities including mandated continuing education and maintenance of proper licensure
- Current licensure: Dual licensure as LCAS and/or LCMHC, LMFT, LCSW
- Master’s Degree in human services related field
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to pass Green Hill Recovery’s background check
- Experience working with complex, dually diagnosed clients who present with needs related to emotional regulation, anger management, family dysfunction patterns, and substance use or other process addictions
- Experience and knowledge based skills used to conduct family therapy with a central focus on family structure with an addiction disorder present
- Ability to perform a comprehensive clinical assessment and use of the ASAM PPR-2 to justify client level of care clinical needs
- Ability to work interpersonally and utilize Motivational Interviewing with clients
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be approachable and friendly and be able to exude empathy and control in communication with clients and parents
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and strong service skills
- Have the flexibility to respond quickly and appropriately to changing circumstances and clients’ needs. Ability to show initiative and take the lead on projects, while also being able to take direction when needed
- Ability to type, and view a computer screen
- Visual, Hearing, Dexterity & Mental demands
- Ability to meet standard office physical demands
Job Description and Hiring Approval: Executive Director and Clinical Director
Reports to: Clinical Director
If you are interested in this role, please send an email and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org